Welcome to my blog! I'm so glad you stopped by. I happen to be one of those people who lives to eat, and the only thing I love more than eating is hanging out with my family and friends. Grab a cup of coffee and sit down to my daily devotion. I can't wait to tell you what's on my mind today....

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Caught up in a Whirlwind

It's really fun to go to a restaurant where the kitchen is open for the guests to see.  I love to see the flurry of activity, the leaping of flames and the people running to and fro as plate after plate is presented for the tables.  I get the feeling that I, too, am part of the activity! 

For those of you with toddlers, there's another way to express this...do you know how you feel at the end of the day? Exhausted? Ready for a bedtime story and a nap? Even though you didn't run around all day, catching bugs and pretending to be superman, you, too, are worn out.

Good things occur in whirlwinds of activity.  Many of the movements of God that I've seen happening are similar to these scenarios.  People are busy, spirits are high and much is happening.  I have yet to see a major work of the Lord go unnoticed.  In fact, when I watch the news these days, it is more and more clear that this is one of the potentially finest hours of the Body of Christ.  So much is going on daily.  There are more earthquakes, storms and political uprisings.  Flurries of movement surround us.  This is the perfect opportunity for us to step forward with the power of the Gospel. 

We need to get behind the move of the Holy Spirit of God over the earth.  We need to pray faithfully for the people caught in the many situations that we see on the news.  Let's ask the Lord of the Harvest to send out workers in these hours.  Instead of just watching from a distance, the entire Church has this great opportunity to be involved in what God is wanting to do throughout the earth in these last days.

Like I said, I love to watch what's going on in a great kitchen, but more than that, I like to be involved in the process.  When someone tastes a good meal and says, "Mmmm," it's so rewarding to know that I had a hand in it.

Today's suggestionPrepare a meal for your family from start to finish.  Don't open a single can or box of anything.  Find fresh ingredients and enjoy the rewards of knowing that it is entirely your creation!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! It's all about perspective...some see the whirlwind and they're scared and want to escape. Others see it and say "God, how can You use me during these trying times to bring glory to Your name?"

    I want to be a part of the whirlwind of activity.

    ReplyDelete