Welcome to my blog! I'm so glad you stopped by. I happen to be one of those people who lives to eat, and the only thing I love more than eating is hanging out with my family and friends. Grab a cup of coffee and sit down to my daily devotion. I can't wait to tell you what's on my mind today....

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Youthful Zeal and Mermaid Fun


So far this morning, three little 9 year old girls have been outside playing, waking the neighborhood on a Saturday morning...eating a breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast...playing some more...making homemade cupcakes...decorating them...making homemade chocolate ice cream...cleaning up after everything...slathering on sunscreen and then playing some more.  It's 9:17a.m.  I can't even begin to think how the rest of the day will go.  If I had my "druthers", we'd all still be asleep, dreaming of being mermaids in a tropical ocean, but here we are, taking the world by the lead and swinging it onto our own course of frenetic energy!  If you've never had a house full of little girls, you probably have no idea what I'm talking about. 

Like I said, it's only minutes after 9a.m., and they are begging to get into the waves.  They have plans to tackle the tide, go to the neighborhood pool and try out a mermaid fin, eat at a local restaurant, go to the aquarium.... This could be an exhausting day, but I just bet that they'll be up until midnight again tonight, watching movies, painting fingernails and giggling like only 9 year old girls can do!  Oh, what I could accomplish if I had that sort of youthful energy combined with the maturity and vision that I now know! 

I do think, though, that there is a lesson to be learned from these little gals.  They attack everything with excitement.  They run towards the challenge with huge smiles on their faces.  It's a pleasure to watch them in their tireless pursuit of the next thing.   Romans 12:11 says it perfectly, "Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord."  What if we, like children, happily and energetically approached our Christian walk?  We could be so affective!  It seems that the older we get, the more and more complacent we become, but that is not the plan that God has for us.  He really longs for us to be like little children in our faith and our walk with Him.

Have you ever taken a child to Disney?  Do you remember the gleam in their eyes when they saw the characters come to life and experienced the excitement of Disney first-hand?  Do you remember the great pleasure that you knew just to watch the little one be so enraptured?  That is the sort of pleasure that God most likely feels when He sees our excitement in our daily walk.  I can only imagine that the Father is over-joyed when we are over-joyed! 

Well, it's time to get these gals to the beach.  We have waves to kick and mermaid suits to try!  I hope you enjoy your day as much as we will!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I'm glad they had fun. I'm also glad that it was YOU having to keep up with them instead of me, LOL

    ReplyDelete